Registration date : 2008-11-25

Re: BTCC 2010

Post by Eurostc on Fri Apr 02 2010, 20:51

Rolling Eyes Gio .......but no Turkington............. silent

Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2009-11-24

Post by TiagoF on Fri Apr 02 2010, 23:39

I hope that 888 Engineering can contact Turk's for some races in this same car Smile

(Gio's contract is only for Thruxton)
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Sun Apr 04 2010, 19:56

Great wins for Gio, it'll be an error if 888 don't take him for the hole championship Razz
    If Gio stays, Plato will have too many difficults to win this year championship xD
    Jon

Number of posts : 528
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Jon on Sun Apr 04 2010, 20:38

That was a total disaster for poor WSR, won't help them get sponsors or Colin back in the third car. Colin is on holiday at the moment so wasn't watching the races. Dick Bennetts also said they had employed an agency for 5 months to try and find sponsorship and although they had a few warm leads - they didn't get anywhere near what they would need to run Colin.

I really hope Giovanardi can stay the whole year and really cause the works teams a headache.

I'm probably biased - but though Matt Neal was being hopeful when he tried to get past Kane and Collard at the same time. It was never going to work.

Also, it was mentioned on tv that Motorbase almost gave up over the winter and I have also read elsewhere that they don't have the funding for a full season at the moment either. That race 3 result should help them with that tho.

I also never thought I would see the day when Plato and Neal had contact with each other and then joke about it after the race. Unfortunately with Dynamics now being a works team and Matt back driving for daddy, I can see him being rather rough with the independents, as most of them don't really have the funds to repair large amounts of damage like Dynamics will be able to do. It was laughable when he said Collard was to blame for the accident.
    Jon

Post by Jon on Sun Apr 04 2010, 20:52

Just seen on my Twitter that Giovanardi's deal is confirmed was a one-off as it stands and that the Collard/ Neal incident will be looked at by the stewards before Rockingham
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Sun Apr 04 2010, 20:54

So Gio's isn't going to make more races this year ?
    Jon

Post by Jon on Sun Apr 04 2010, 21:04

Not at the moment, I think it depends on sponsors and if they can get more money
    snowy

Number of posts : 1052

Post by snowy on Mon Apr 05 2010, 10:05

I can't get my head round how the two of the strongest competitors in the BTCC can't get drives! It's mental. scratch

"After three days without racing, life becomes meaningless."
    Eurostc

Number of posts : 1449

Post by Eurostc on Mon Apr 05 2010, 22:44

enjoy playing the game and do what you do...!!! Very Happy

did enjoy the races and ..Neal and Plato.... Razz

I think Neal will get a lashing for his bonehead move
    on Collard though,,,

some good racing and some strong teams should make this another
    fun and interesting year..... cheers

and ................somebody.............paint some skins..... clown

Post by Eurostc on Mon Apr 05 2010, 22:53

Jon wrote:Not at the moment, I think it depends on sponsors and if they can get more money

The touring car legend feared he would be forced to miss this BTCC season following Vauxhall's decision not to field a factory team in 2010. However a last minute one-off deal for Thruxton – only announced on the eve of the event – saw Giovanardi back behind the wheel of his familiar Vauxhall Vectra, this time as an independent entry under the Uniq Racing with Triple Eight banner.

“I was retired, now I’m leading the championship and, perhaps, I’m retired again!” shrugged Giovanardi. “The team has worked very hard to put this together so late and it’s great that I’ve been able to repay them with these results… but the future is still unclear.”

Post by Eurostc on Fri Apr 16 2010, 16:26

Championship leader Giovanardi might miss Rockingham
    Italian sources to TouringCarTimes.com report that championship leader Fabrizio Giovanardi is not going to take part in the British Touring Car Championship race at Rockingham next weekend.
    Giovanardi was appointed to drive the BTCC premiere at Thruxton just one week ahead of the race and despite that won two of the three races for Triple Eight.

Giovanardi is said to be looking for other opportunities and could end up racing outside Europe this season.

Triple Eight reports that they are still working to get Giovanardi to race with them at Rockingham.

The team is going to field one car for Phil Glew, although as of yet it remains to be seen if he is going to have a team mate.

Stay tuned for more information!

Post by Jon on Fri Apr 16 2010, 20:43

Just seen on my twitter from the official BTCC twitter that James Nash is to replace Giovanardi from Rockingham onwards for 888
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Sat Apr 24 2010, 13:54

Blockbuster movie Avatar is having its imminent DVD and Blu-ray release promoted on James Nash’s Uniq Racing with Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra in this weekend’s Rockingham round of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship.

Glew to miss Rockingham
    Philip Glew and sponsor WD-40 have vowed to return to the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship after announcing they’ll miss Rockingham’s round on Sunday...

Glew has been unable to continue with Uniq Racing with Triple Eight after racing for the team in Thruxton’s opening round.

Post by Eurostc on Sat May 01 2010, 01:08

Wood & Depper ready for debuts
    Lea Wood and Martin Depper are all set to make their debuts in the Dunlop British Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend…

Hereford-based Wood, a former super silhouettes champion, will be in a Honda Integra run by Central Group Racing. Former Mini ace Depper will partner Arthur Forster in Forster Motorsport’s second BMW 320is.

Their joining the grid will mean 22 BTCC cars on track around the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit this weekend.

Post by Jon on Sat May 01 2010, 10:26

Saw it in a few articles a few days back but Turkington may be back at Oulton Park. WSR are in negotiations with a possible sponsor (or 2) and if it comes off there is a chance WSR will have the third car out for Oulton
    Jon

Post by Jon on Thu May 20 2010, 09:45

Autosport reporting today that WSR are close to getting Colin Turkington out in the third BMW. They've progressed well with sponsors however half the sponsors want the team to do BTCC and half the sponsors want them to do WTCC.

If all the sponsors agreed on what to do, WSR say they would have the funding in place to do the rest of either season.

WSR are also going to miss the BTCC test at Rockingham next week - they say it's not really worth testing at a track that they have already raced at this year and won't be returning to in 2010 - good decision I guess considering their lack of sponsors and funding at the moment
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Fri May 21 2010, 22:47

I would like to see him do both BTCC and WTCC !!! here's hoping for at least one deal though.... clapping

Post by Jon on Sat May 22 2010, 11:43

I'd like him to go to WTCC. I much prefer BTCC but realistically he's going to finish behind Kane, Jackson, Chilton, O'Neill, and maybe Onslow Cole and Collard in the Independents Championship and maybe 7 or 8th overall at best.

If he goes WTCC racing they may be able to get 3rd or 4th in the independents and WSR are more than capable of giving him a car that can get into the overall points on a few occassions.
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Tue May 25 2010, 15:18

Tweet ...Thommo quicker than Neal....!! Very Happy

DunlopBTCC Plato now becomes the first driver this afternoon to dip beneath the 1m24 barrier with a 1m23.985s

Post by Jon on Wed Jun 09 2010, 16:35

Third Team Aon Focus to race the last 5 rounds (Snetterton onwards):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Team Aon is going to introduce a third Ford Focus at Snetterton for the rest of the British Touring Car Championship season.
    "It was always our plan to put another car out there and we are in a position to do it now," said Team Aon commercial manager Andy Constable to Motorsport News.
    The driver for the third Ford has not been decided yet, but the team is currently negotiating with two drivers.

"We are in advanced talks with two drivers about the seat and we will conclude those shortly," said Constable.

The BTCC continues at Croft next weekend. After that the series goes on a six week summer break before resuming at Snetterton with the third Ford joining the championship.
    Jon

Post by Jon on Thu Aug 12 2010, 16:09

YRC to run Phil Glew in SEAT with NGTC engine

Phil Glew is going to take part in the British Touring Car Championship race at Silverstone in a SEAT León with NGTC engine for the team YourRacingCar.com.
    "I'm over the moon to be asked to be part of the YRC team and I can't wait to do my very best to deliver the results you deserve for all the support you've shown," said Glew.
    "Although there's a lot less pressure on me to deliver results on track due to the new engine and new package, I do feel a massive responsibility to deliver a good weekend for everyone involved due to all the hard work which has gone into the organisation of this from YRC's end!" said Glew.

This is the first time a NGTC engine is fitted in another car than the Vauxhall Vectra and Glew is excited ahead of the race.

"I also have a responsibility to develop the new engine and chassis which I am very excited about as I'll be working very hard with my fantastic engineer to make this work!" said Glew.

Glew took part in the BTCC premiere at Thruxton earlier this year for Triple Eight, finishing sixth in his first ever BTCC race.

YourRacingCar has agreed a deal with Special Tuning UK which will see it field a SEAT Leon in the colours of YRC at Silverstone.

mardionu

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Post by mardionu on Tue Aug 24 2010, 15:34

Who wants to do this Skin? Very Happy
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Wed Aug 25 2010, 00:04

Very Happy wow.....!!

Post by Jon on Tue Sep 28 2010, 19:39

2 further additions to the BTCC grid for Brands Hatch then (as well as James Kay who rejoined the series at Donington:

Ben "I used to be the stig" Collins racing in a third Airwaves BMW:

Sam Tordoff will race the second 888 Vectra:

Jon

Post by Jon on Tue Sep 28 2010, 19:41

Dave Newsham was also in talks about a drive for WSR, 888 or Motorbase - so his only option left is WSR now, although I would love it for Turks to make a come back as a one-off but can't see it happening

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17 2017, 00:32