Motorsport passion

BTCC 2010

Eurostc

Number of posts : 1449
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Re: BTCC 2010

Post by Eurostc on Fri Feb 12 2010, 20:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Team Dynamics began its pre-season testing programme today, with Matt Neal putting the Midlands squad’s heavily-revised Honda Civic through its paces at the Rockingham circuit.

Dynamics has yet to officially confirm its driver line-up for 2010’s Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, although of course most of Neal’s BTCC career dating back to 1991 has been with the Pershore team run by his father and former Mini BTCC ace Steve.

Number of posts : 528
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Jon on Mon Feb 15 2010, 13:09

It seems we have our first works team to be announced for 2010

BTCC team launched

The limited edition car also celebrates the launch of Honda’s BTCC team for 2010, continuing its long-standing relationship with Team Dynamics. The team will compete in two Civics – which will feature a similar White and Black colour scheme to the MUGEN 200 cars. More details will be announced before the first race of the season, which is at Thruxton on 4 April.
    Jon

Post by Jon on Mon Feb 15 2010, 14:23

Bit of a surprise, but a good one:

Special tuning join BTCC for 2010 with a pair of SEAT Leons for Tom Boardman plus a second driver

I wonder if Shedden is in with a shout of the second car.
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Mon Feb 15 2010, 18:45

this year is gonna' have a better line-up than we all thought !!! Very Happy

Post by Jon on Fri Feb 19 2010, 00:22

2 bits of news the past few days:

1. Forester Motorsport now have a second BMW, this is the 2007 Mat Jackson car apparently, which they will run alongside the 2008 ex Mat Jackson car they also have.

2. Tom Onslow-Cole is moving closer towards teh second team AON seat

There are 5 teams out tyre testing tomorrow ar Thruxton, not sure who the 5 are but Forster is definately going to be there, Dynamics? Motorbase? Aon? seem most likely but not sure on the 5th - WSR???? (ven though they have no drivers signed supposedly), Special Tuning?
    Jon

Post by Jon on Fri Feb 19 2010, 17:20

Teams present down at Thruxton:

1. WSR - 2 BMWs (Turkington & Neate seen testing - Only Neate's car was in the Blue & White colours, the second car is still in RAC orange, Jelley also seen around but not in the car)
    2. Forster - 2 BMWs (both drivers) - not sure if both cars were in use.
    3. Motorbase - 1 BMW (Collard)
    4. Special Tuning - 1 SEAT (Boardman)
    5. Dynamics - 1 Honda (Neal)

If Turkington is still testing with WSR then it must be pretty likely he'll be with them again for this year I guess.
    Jon

Post by Jon on Fri Feb 19 2010, 23:22

Alex MacDowell was also testing with WSR so if that's the case WSR have 4 drivers sniffing round for 3 cars if you include Jelley

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jon

Post by Jon on Fri Feb 19 2010, 23:43

More images:

Alex Koda
    Admin

Number of posts : 2503

Post by Alex Koda on Fri Feb 19 2010, 23:51

Oh boy, that Honda again... these guys should know by now, that we don't have that car model in our racing simulations Razz Twisted Evil

O-ZERO_Racing

Number of posts : 181
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by O-ZERO_Racing on Sat Feb 20 2010, 10:13

lol!
    But don't laugh too hard, more than a year ago these shots were at virtualr [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Don't know if it's still alive.
    Jon

Post by Jon on Mon Feb 22 2010, 14:32

Andy Neate confirmed at WSR:

Andy Neate will rejoin the BTCC in 2010, just 18 months after a crash in a sportscar race that nearly cost him his life. The 35-year-old has been linked with one of West Surrey Racing’s BMWs for some months, but today has confirmed the deal which will see him race a BMW 320si for the team, completing a remarkable comeback to the sport.
    “To be with a team who’s past drivers have included the likes of Ayrton Senna and Mika Hakkinen is a very special feeling. Dick Bennetts who runs the show is just the best team boss I could wish for,” said Neate, who made his BTCC debut at the Brands Hatch finale of the 2005 season in a Daniels Motorsport run Vauxhall Astra Coupe, scoring points in race two.

Speaking to the Official BTCC website, Neate went on to say that, “I’m not going to make any grand predictions. The BTCC is as tough as it gets but I definitely want to be in the championship and with WSR for some years.”

The Aylesbury racer admitted that as a result of his accident he had said he wouldn’t race again, but “The BTCC is all I’ve ever wanted to be in since I started out. To me it’s the best race series in the world. The person I really needed to ask permission from was Sarah and after visiting the doctors for assessments she said ‘go for it’.”

Neate was left with a broken neck and multiple injuries, including two decompressed lungs after a crash at the start of the 2008 Britcar 24 Hours at Silverstone.

“When they reached me in the car I wasn’t breathing and they had to do some emergency work to get my lungs going before they could move me. I was airlifted to hospital and the doctors told my wife, Sarah, to prepare for the worst.

“I basically suffered the same injury as the actor Christopher Reeve who played Superman,” says Neate. “The only difference was my spinal chord didn’t break away from the vertebrae. Really, when this happens, at best you’re looking at terrible paralysis.”

After being in a coma for a fortnight and hospital for two months, Neate was eventually allowed home, although it would be a further two months before he could walk again.

“But somehow, I came through it. There were some very tough moments. Waking up and having no mobility. Losing three and a half stones when all you weigh in the first place is 12 stones is also quite a lot to take and for a long time I was a long way of any physical normality.

“But eventually my fitness, strength and sensations started to come back and now I’m ready to race again. I’ve still got a titanium plate in my neck which slightly limits my neck movement but that’s about it.”

Neate tested for WSR at Thruxton on Friday and had been due to run at Silverstone today (Monday), before snow caused the test to be cancelled.

“It’s the way it goes at this time of year. Every bit of seat time is valuable but we’ve got a few more days of testing planned before the season starts. It feels now that I’m back to where I should have been two years ago.”
    Jon

Post by Jon on Wed Feb 24 2010, 13:26

The 2008 Arkas BTC-spec Astras have been sold. A new team has bought them and will be racing them in the BTCC this year according to a post from Shaun Hollemby from AMD-Essex, he posted it over on the BTCC forum

Jason Plato is due to announce something shortly - presume its BTCC related rather than tv related.

Things seem to be picking up now in terms of announcements for 2010

Collard close to finalising his deal with Motorbase
    Turkington and WSR still haven't got anything signed
    Jelley said a while back on Twitter that his plans are moving as well
    Jon

Post by Jon on Wed Mar 03 2010, 23:05

It was Thorney Motors who had the Astras, but their deal fell through with the second driver so they won' be out at all this year.

Stephen Jelley has announced he won't be in the BTCC this year due to funding, he's going to Carerra Cup instead.

WSR have gone from 2009 champions, title sponsor and 3 cars to virtually sponsorless with only 1 car confirmed and the entry deadline is this Friday. Shocked Shocked Shocked
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Wed Mar 10 2010, 01:29

Collard in WSR switch
    Robert Collard will return to reigning champion team WSR for 2010’s Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship.

Collard, who has raced for rival BMW squad Motorbase these past two seasons, said an opportunity to drive again for WSR – which won 2010’s BTCC with Colin Turkington – was “too good an opportunity to turn down”.

The Hampshireman makes the jump just weeks before the season’s opening round at his home circuit of Thruxton on Easter Sunday 4 April.

Collard previously raced for WSR when it ran MGs in 2005 and 2006. He took two race wins for the squad before his 2008 move to Motorbase. He gave the Kent-based outfit its first two race wins in the BTCC last season and he says it was difficult to leave the team behind.

Post by Jon on Wed Mar 10 2010, 16:54

I thought I was in some sort of dream when I woke up this morning and looked at my phone - as it was the top item on my twitter gadget. I never ever thought that was going to happen, it must of been a good deal for Rob to leave Motorbase at such a late stage, especially as Motorbase have apparently got a new decent backer that is going to be announced in the next few days.

Hopefully this means that the third car for Turkington is still likely, as WSR are still trying to finalise a deal for him.
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Fri Mar 12 2010, 00:55

Plato set for Chevrolet after Volvo plans
    Volvo came very close to entering the British Touring Car Championship 2010 with Jason Plato as driver. But the Swedish manufacturer has shelved the plans.
    "There is always a lot of cost involved with a racing programme and there were some things from the financial and sponsorship side that just didn't come together in time," said Volvo Motorsport boss Derek Crabb to Autosport.
    While Volvo has shelved the plans for BTCC 2010, they are not ruling out something for the coming years with the British championship.

"I'm not ruling out the BTCC after 2010. It's got a huge appeal internationally that the STCC doesen't have, which is very attractive to us," said Crabb.

Instead Plato looks set to continue with the Chevrolet team RML in the BTCC 2010.

"We aren't ready to announce any drivers, but certainly Jason will be top of our list if we do manage to do it," said RML commercial director Rupert Manwaring.

RML is aiming to field two Chevrolet Cruze in the BTCC this season, but has not finalized the plans yet.

"We'd like to enter with two Cruzes and we're working hard to make sure that happens, just as we're trying to gather all the partners together to make sure we can run for Chevrolet too," said Manwaring.

According to information to TouringCarTimes.com, Plato is likely to get Alex McDowell as team mate at RML this year in the BTCC.

Post by Eurostc on Fri Mar 12 2010, 00:56

Matt Hamilton confirms BTCC return
    Matt Hamilton is looking forward to his first full season of touring car racing after confirming he will enter the BTCC with TH Motorsport. According to team owner Trevor Humphrey, the news has given a “real boost” to the Watford based team, who saw “real potential” in Hamilton’s two end-of-season outings with the squad in 2009.
    Hamilton entered the final two rounds with TH Motorsport in a ‘toe in the water’ exercise, and will now get to put that experience to good use with a full season campaign in a Honda Civic Type R.

“I cannot wait to get back on circuit,” said Hamilton. “It’s been a very long hard winter, and as yet I have not as much as sat in the car since the final round of 2009 at Brands Hatch.”

“This is a great deal, and everyone at the team cannot wait to get started,” said Humphrey’s, who has run John George in the championship in recent seasons.

“We saw real potential in Matt last year, and it has given all the boys in the team a real boost to have a driver in the car with this sort of potential. I feel certain that we are going to pull off a few major shocks this year.’

Like his team boss, 20-year-old Hamilton also believes himself and the car to be capable of putting in some impressive performances this season.

Post by Jon on Sun Mar 14 2010, 23:04

Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Mon Mar 15 2010, 03:57

Rumored LIne Up BTCC 2010

BTCC Photo(s): PSP Images

TouringCarTimes preview of BTCC 2010
    TouringCarTimes looks ahead of the 2010 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship by looking at the expected entries in the 52nd running of this series. All though not a record entry, it could just turn out to be another year to rival last seasons dramatic championships.
    With what was thought to be the demise of the manufacturer entry last season as Vauxhall left the championship after a run of 20 years.

There is now a possibility of a manufacturer entering to keep the status quo and giving credit to the championship during the proposed change of this phenomenon called the BTCC.

Even at this stage, this list is purely based on information obtained by TouringCarTimes and is in no way a definitive list of entries. That is due to be published on March 23rd.

After lasts years surprise last minute entry, the worst kept secret of 2010 is expected to be the ‘works entry’ of two Chevrolet Cruze’s run by RML for drivers Jason Plato and his expected team mate, Alex McDowell.

Also with ‘works assistance’ will be the Honda Civic’s at team Dynamics. Although reports suggest that two cars will take part in the championship, but as Matt Neal is doing all the testing an anticipated team mate seems a long way away at the moment.

Tom Chilton and Tom Onslow-Cole have been testing the AON Ford Focus and it seems that they will run the recently tested LPG powered car as the season starts at Thruxton.

After losing their RAC sponsorship and another team looking for works assistance. WSR will appear at Thruxton with two new drivers to their line-up with the surprise defection of Rob Collard and new boy Andy Neate in two of the BMW 320Si’s.

Confusion and speculation over the inclusion of the 2009 BTCC champion Colin Turkington continues, but seems less likely the nearer we get to the start of the season.

Last years Airwaves BMW team are expecting to kick-up a gear in 2010 even after the last minute loss of driver Rob Collard to WSR. Speculation continues but the short list seems to suggest a two-car line up to include either of Mat Jackson, Steven Kane or James Nash. Phil Glew has an outside chance here after impressing Motorbase by taking a class win in a one-off drive in a GT race a few years back.

Ironically, now Collard has moved on, Motorbase could end up with one of the best driver line-ups of 2010.

All eyes will be on the Vauxhall Vectra’s of David Pinkney and Andrew Jordan as they will showcase the new proposed NGTC 2 litre turbo engine that is expected to replace most power plants from 2013.

Whilst other Teams and drivers have committed to run in the 2010 Championship, listed below is what we expect to be seen during the coming season.

RML, Chevrolet Cruze:
    Jason Plato and Alex McDowell.

Dynamics, Honda:
    Matt Neal.

AON, Ford Focus LPG:
    Tom Chilton and Tom Onslow-Cole.

WSR, BMW 320Si:
    Rob Collard and Andy Neate
    Possible Colin Turkington 3rd car.

Motorbase, BMW 320Si:
    Mat Jackson, Steven Kane, James Nash.
    Only two cars expected.

Pirtek Racing, Vauxhall Vectra Turbo:
    Andrew Jordan.

Pinkney Motorsport, Vauxhall Vectra Turbo:
    David Pinkney.

Techspeed, Honda Integra:
    Paul O'Neill and John George.
    Hoping to run a third car.

Special Tuning UK, SEAT Leon:
    Tom Boardman.

TH Motorsport, Honda Civic R:
    Matt Hamilton.

AMD, Volkswagen Golf:
    Shaun Hollamby

Forster Motorsport, BMW 320Si:
    Martin Depper and Arthur Forster.

Woods Motorsport, Honda Integra:
    Lea Wood.

Boulevard Racing, Vauxhall Astra Coupe:
    Martin Johnson.

888, Vauxhall Vectra:
    Phil Glew and Dean Smith.
    Hoping to run at least one car.

Intune Racing, Honda Civic R:
    Micky Doyle.
    Hoping to join during the season

Post by Eurostc on Tue Mar 16 2010, 14:06

Jason Plato has turned his first laps with the new Chevrolet Cruze. Team RML tested at Oulton Park today, the very first test for the team with the Dunlop tyres of the British Touring Car Championship.
    While the team is testing today with Plato, they have not yet confirmed either their participation in the championship or that Plato is going to drive for them.

But information to TouringCarTimes.com suggests that the deal is going to be revealed at the Media Day in one week with Alex McDowell as team mate.

Other teams were testing at Oulton Park today: WSR with Robert Collard and Andy Neate, Andrew Jordan with Pirtek Racing and David Pinkney with Pinkney Motorsport.

Number of posts : 181
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by O-ZERO_Racing on Tue Mar 16 2010, 16:58

The Forster BMW looks quite cool,
    Render found on the www
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Wed Mar 17 2010, 23:24

Team Dynamics !!! Love these !!!

Post by Eurostc on Wed Mar 17 2010, 23:25

Post by Eurostc on Fri Mar 19 2010, 14:43

Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden will race in the British Touring Car Championship this year for Team Dynamics, which will now compete as Honda Racing following an increase in support from Honda UK.

Post by Eurostc on Fri Mar 19 2010, 14:46

Motorbase retains Airwaves sponsorship
    Motorbase Performance has confirmed it will once again run under the Airwaves BMW team banner in 2010’s Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship.

It will be the second year in a row that David Bartrum’s BTCC team has secured title sponsorship from the hugely popular Wrigley’s chewing gum brand.

Furthermore, Leyland Paints will also continue to co-sponsor the Wrotham-based squad which has still to announce its 2010 driver line-up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11 2017, 09:14