Motorsport passion

WTCC 2010

Jon

Number of posts : 528
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Re: WTCC 2010

Post by Jon on Sun Jul 04 2010, 12:11

TiagoF wrote:Nooooooo, Jon Crying or Very sad
    Let Monteiro win ! As Portuguese, Monteiro has to win in Algarve, if he wins, it'll be very good for us Wink

ProTeam seems to have an undeveloped car :/ I don't know why they're having bad results with the 2 best Independents drivers :s Now Turks is the better Razz

Well you got your wish buddy - congratulations, thought Tiago did a good job Wink

I was surprised the BMWs didn't get stronger. Shame for Colin being punted by Barth as otherwise he would have been on pole for the second race. Considering he is carrying the same ballast as the works BMWs when teh car doesn't have all the 2010 updates he did a good job.

Considering Marco Calavolo (I know that is not the correct spelling) who engineered James Thompson at N-Tech, Lada and Hartmann is now working with Proteam, I am surprised they are slow
    TiagoF

Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2009-11-24

Post by TiagoF on Sun Jul 04 2010, 13:36

I haven't seen the race, because I was on church Laughing

I think Turks can finish in top-10 on the 2nd race Wink
    From what I've seen, in the net, Turks has made a beautiful race
    Jon

Post by Jon on Wed Jul 07 2010, 20:03

2 extra runners for Brands Hatch - Caca Bueno in the #9 Chevrolet Cruze and Special Tuning/ SUNRED will be running Tom Boardman in his SEAT Leon
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Wed Jul 07 2010, 21:26

Jon, Boardman will return to SunRed I don't think he'll run Special Tuning's car Razz

As for 'Cacá', I hope he does decent races Razz
    Jon

Post by Jon on Thu Jul 08 2010, 09:07

Boardman confirmation - says it will be a SUNRED car as Tiago said: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The rumour originally doing the rounds was that it was going to be his BTCC car Wink
    Jon

Post by Jon on Thu Jul 08 2010, 12:31

Dahlgren confirmed for Brands Hatch and Okayama:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Won't be able to score points. Bit surprised they are doing Okayama but not Macau
    O-ZERO_Racing

Number of posts : 181
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by O-ZERO_Racing on Thu Jul 08 2010, 16:08

They can't compare their cars with other cars at circuits like Macao. I hope we will see a full championship with Volvo included.
    Jon

Post by Jon on Sun Jul 18 2010, 19:24

Travelled to the UK to watch the WTCC - first race meeting I have been to, want to go to the BTCC finals day as well now. Priaulx drove well but thought Turkington (I can't help it if I'm biased towards my team) was star of the weekend. Will watch the races on tv once I get home tomorrow afternoon Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2 sizable crashed in the SEAT Eurocup - one at the top of Paddock Hill bend and this one for Francisco Carvalho: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Sun Jul 18 2010, 22:08

Jon wrote:Travelled to the UK to watch the WTCC - first race meeting I have been to, want to go to the BTCC finals day as well now. Priaulx drove well but thought Turkington (I can't help it if I'm biased towards my team) was star of the weekend. Will watch the races on tv once I get home tomorrow afternoon Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2 sizable crashed in the SEAT Eurocup - one at the top of Paddock Hill bend and this one for Francisco Carvalho: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was pure luck for the marshalls Surprised

Shame it was a Portuguese driver Sad
    Eurostc

Number of posts : 1449
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post by Eurostc on Mon Jul 19 2010, 22:00

geat job from the turk !!

Post by Jon on Thu Jul 29 2010, 22:04

WTCC: Independents points system changed with immediate effect

Independents' points system changed
    The points system in the Yokahama Independents' Trophy has been altered with immediate effect, meaning the points haul acheived by Colin Turkington at Brands Hatch can not be repeated.
    The points system used in the Yokohama Trophy has been altered to remove the additional points allocated to independent drivers who also finish in the overall classification.

Colin Turkington took 27 and 29 points respectively for the two races at Brands Hatch due to the rule, which elevated him to second in the standings in his second race of the season. The previous highest individual race score this season was 13, taken by class leader Sergio Hernández at Zolder for the class win, the fastest lap plus 2 points for finishing in ninth.

The additional bonus point was previously allocated for:
    - 1 additional point for each point scored in the WTCC overall classification

With the new FIA points system being used in the overall classification this year mirroring those used in Formula One, this means that theoretically another 25 points on top of the maximum of 12 was possible.

In previous years if an independent driver finished in the top eight points paying positions, the points were tripled in the independents' trophy.

With this latest change, 12 points is now the maximum possible per race, as the category still uses the old points system plus bonus points for pole and fastest lap.

This is with the exception of the season finalé in Macau where double points will still be awarded.
    Jon

Post by Jon on Thu Jul 29 2010, 22:05

So basically, the Independents have no real need to race the works cars as they won't be able to score bonus points anymore - pointless decision Rolling Eyes
    Jon

Post by Jon on Thu Jul 29 2010, 22:07

Apparently we have Matt Neal commentating this week instead of James Thompson.
    Jon

Post by Jon on Sun Aug 01 2010, 09:30

Colin Turkington and WSR have been thrown out of the Independent's Championship for being too fast Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Colin Turkington will no longer be able to score points in the Yokohama Independents' trophy, with his old BMW judged to be even more competitive than the TDI's.
    With the championship points system being changed ahead of the weekend almost putting the independents' trophy out of reach, the eBay Motors/West Surrey Racing team, which has struggled to find sponsorship to run just these three races in the WTCC, has been judged to be too competitive with the four year old BMW 320si, and has been excluded from the independents' category altogether.

Series Managaer Marcello Lotti explains the reasoning behind the decision:
    "When I met the independent competitors last year in Macau, with the aim to establish the regulations for the 2010 Independents’ Trophy, it was decided to make the turbodiesel cars not eligible – because of their performances – and the race-by-race entries eligible, and also to maintain the extra point for each WTCC point."

"Since then things happened that made those decisions inappropriate: the adoption of the Formula One point scale, the dispute over the ‘old’ and ‘new’ cars and the arrival of a race-by-race entered car that has even better performance than the turbodiesels. Therefore I took the decision to make these changes in order to preserve the spirit of both the Trophy and the Macau meeting, and also not to unbalance the competition among the full season competitors.”

This is Colin Turkington's last planned appearance in the championship, with the team trying to arrange funding to compete at the final two races of the season in Japan & Macau, where double points were available in the independents' trophy.

As a result of today's decision, Turkington will be invisible to the independents' category, and we only be classified in the overall championship where he is currently twelfth, just four points behind SEAT's Jordi Gené.
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Sun Aug 01 2010, 13:55

Stupid decision Rolling Eyes

If Colin wasn't dropped from Independents Trophy, we'd be on the lead Rolling Eyes
    Jon

Post by Jon on Tue Sep 21 2010, 21:43

25 cars have been shipped out to Okayama - normal 20 runners and then I presume the 5 extras:

x1 SEAT (TDI?) for Couto (Macau only?)
    x2 Proteam for Chen and Taniguchi
    x1 Wiechers for Yanagida
    x1 Engstler for Ito/ Kano

3 further cars are due to be flown out later on:

x1 Volvo for Dahlgren (Japan only)
    x1 WSR for Turkington???
    x1 ???? Another Engstler car for Ho?

2 extra Asian based entried for Macau, both BMWs:

Jo Merszei
    Lei Kit Meng
    Jon

Post by Jon on Thu Oct 14 2010, 13:38

Although there hasn't been a press release, Colin Turkington and eBay Motors/ WSR will be racing in Japan and Macau

There is also a Honda due to race in Macau, entered by an Asian team.

Polestar/ Volvo are only doing Japan, but will be back full time next year as a manufacturer entry (only with one car though).
    Jon

Post by Jon on Sun Oct 17 2010, 11:17

Gene not racing in Okayama, he will be replaced by Micheal Rossi
    Jon

Post by Jon on Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:04

In today's Autosport, WSR have announced Turkington for Okayama and Macau - but it seems like it's with Aviva sponsorship, instead of eBay Motors. They haven't decided if the car will be in 2007 or 2010 spec (considering the weight difference you would have thought 2007 spec would be better, but then again the FIA will probably clobber them with weight anyway)
    Jon

Post by Jon on Tue Oct 26 2010, 08:03

WSR announced today that they will enter the final two rounds of the 2010 WTCC with support from Aviva, the world’s 6th largest insurance company.
    Colin Turkington’s BMW 320si car will be in Aviva-Investors livery for Okayama and Aviva-Cofco for Macau.

WSR Team Principal Dick Bennetts commented: “ We are delighted to be able to work with Aviva to deliver their brand to the millions of people in Japan and China especially thanks to the very good TV package from Eurosport and local terrestrial TV stations. China is a very important market for Aviva-Cofco, so we will work with Aviva as our partner, to give them maximum exposure.”

Colin Turkington said: “I’m excited to be back behind the wheel of the BMW, as it’s been three months since I last raced. Also, it is great to be working with Aviva again, after a successful trip to Macau in 2007. I hope to be able to repeat my successes from earlier this year.”

Simon Machell, Chief Executive of Aviva Asia Pacific, commented: “We are delighted to sponsor WSR and Colin Turkington in Okayama and Macau. The WTCC is a compelling event that exudes the passion, commitment and camaraderie that sits at the very heart of our business. It also provides us with a unique and powerful platform with which to increase our brand awareness and interact with our valued customers and partners as one unified brand. We wish the WSR team and Colin all the very best of luck and look forward to two exiting races.”

Mock up of livery here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Jon

Post by Jon on Sun Oct 31 2010, 21:33

Poor Andy has pretty much blown his championship chances then.

The weather towards the end of Race 2 was horrendous - fantastic job by Augusto and Colin
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Sun Nov 07 2010, 14:32

Alan Gow now president of FIA Touring Car Commission
    Alan Gow, Chairman of the MSA and BTCC Series Director has taken on another responsibility as president of the FIA Touring Car Commission.
    Alan Gow, who was already a member of the FIA Touring Car Committee, takes over from Jonathan Ashman, who has moved over to take charge of the Rally Commission

Post by Jon on Tue Nov 09 2010, 17:25

Stefano D'Aste has decided not to race in Macau

Cesar Campanico and Team Novadriver are a late addition, with the car he raced at Braga in the ETCC at the start of the year
    Jon

Post by Jon on Fri Nov 12 2010, 18:59

Word on Twitter from Touring Car Times is that BMW RBM have been disqualified from Okayama.

Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Fri Nov 12 2010, 23:04

WTCC Photo(s): WTCC Media

Chevrolet are believed to have won appeal and title
    Chevrolet driver Rob Huff has reported online that 'Muller is the champion'. With the team's appeal being heard today, it's likely BMW have been disqualified from Okayama.
    We are still awaiting confirmation from the FIA International Court of Appeal.

Chevrolet was in Paris today appealing against the WTCC Steward's decision to allow BMW Team RBM to compete with a sequential shift gearbox at Japan at a lower penalty weight.

If both BMW Team RBM drivers have been disqualified, Yvan Muller will be mathematically impossible to catch at Macau.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18 2017, 16:15