Motorsport passion

WTCC 2010

O-ZERO_Racing

Number of posts : 181
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Re: WTCC 2010

Post by O-ZERO_Racing on Sun May 02 2010, 16:17

I think they should not add street courses to the calendar anymore with the exception of Macao. Spectacular crashes, but safety-car periods that takes far too long. The Belgian Peter Baert microphone was still on during the first minute of a commercial brake after the first race, "och och amateurs" talking about the "fast" marshalls removing the crashed car from Romanov and maybe also complaining about the overall organization. (Stupid start, the second lineup was even better than the third.
    There are enough circuits around the world, who give guaranteed great races without disturbing and unnecessarily crashes.
    TiagoF

Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2009-11-24

Post by TiagoF on Sun May 02 2010, 16:55

O-ZERO_Racing wrote:I think they should not add street courses to the calendar anymore with the exception of Macao. Spectacular crashes, but safety-car periods that takes far too long. The Belgian Peter Baert microphone was still on during the first minute of a commercial brake after the first race, "och och amateurs" talking about the "fast" marshalls removing the crashed car from Romanov and maybe also complaining about the overall organization. (Stupid start, the second lineup was even better than the third.
    There are enough circuits around the world, who give guaranteed great races without disturbing and unnecessarily crashes.

Very good citicism, 0-Zero Wink
    I agree with in putting Marrakech out of the callendar in next year, pathetic races, slow marshalls. But I think that you're not being fair when you consider that only Macau is a good city track, because Pau and Porto are very good, and these 2 tracks deserve the place on WTCC, not Marrakech Wink
    O-ZERO_Racing

Post by O-ZERO_Racing on Sun May 02 2010, 17:04

Pau is to small, bad pit-entrance and with the safety car incident in mind Rolling Eyes Porto is better, but I think one street-circuit is enough, and because the Guia race is even as special as Monaco for F1. But I even haven't spoke of the financial side of such races.
    PetraGTC

Number of posts : 174
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post by PetraGTC on Sun May 02 2010, 17:42

I like city circuits, even Morocco, although the layout is a bit boring (straight-chicane-straight-chicane). Vara, Göteborg, Porto, Pau are good ones (i thing Vara is fictional from SimBin). I dont like Macau much due to the lenght. As for the marshalls, take in mind that thir main cars are camels Laughing It's not a motor depended nation Smile
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Sun May 02 2010, 17:58

Gotheborg one is cool, but not a circuit for WTCC for sure, I think it's too small to organize a race from a FIA championship Wink

Macau, is an historical circuit, so it has it place on WTCC, and I think it's the best track for FIA, because when you go to Macau's round, you have practically 6/7 more cars on grid, which is amazing, and worth for a FIA championship Smile

Now, let's see if FIA intends to do the Puebla replace on the Orient, too Razz It'd be worthy for WTCC Smile

As anyone saw that Sbai, yesterday, was using a right-handed car, and today a left-handed car ? Strange, no ? detective

Other strange thing is on Michelisz livery, it had an Hungarian flag, but without much color (I don't know if that's a Hungarian flag Razz)

EDIT -> After a close look from the Maurer cars (Sbai, El Marnisi), I can point that I have 99.9% that the Sbai car, is the Maria De Villota's one that runned on Valencia 2007 Razz As for El Marnissi I think it was a 2 year Lacetti from the works team Razz
    Don't know what really happened to Tadloui, because Portuguese Eurosport comentators (Duarte Félix da Costa commented today and yesterday Very Happy) said that the car had a problem but nothing more Sad Anyone knows what really happened ? Thanks Wink
    O-ZERO_Racing

Post by O-ZERO_Racing on Mon May 03 2010, 10:12

There were RHD lacetti's driving around. In the first year the lacetti was RHD, the later versions were LHD.
    Michelisz drove indeed with the national flag of Hungary, it looks like it's builded up out of words.

Don't know what happened with exactly with the three maurer motorsport drivers.
    I think El Marnissi #31 could not qualify because the crash on Friday.
    #30 Sbaï did not race the second race, due to his problems in race1.
    and I belief that Peter Baert said that one of the 2 could not race due to personal problems (can't remember to who he was referring to). So I think that have to be Tadlaoui. But that can explain why Sbaï first drove a RHD and later a LHD.
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Mon May 03 2010, 15:34

But Sbai could drive a RHD and then changing to a LHD, is it on the regulements ? Razz I don't care of it, because he did a good job on being on the track for 8 laps Razz

Anyone knows if I can change Maurer cars from Simbin (Only in need a Morocco flag on the bonnet, and ready to go, and change a 7 to a 0 Razz) ? If yes, I can make the Sbai, if not, I can't make that, because I don't know how to skin a car Razz
    mardionu

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Post by mardionu on Mon May 03 2010, 18:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    wip

Make Marnissi skin or not?
    He did not take part in races, only in free practice.
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Mon May 03 2010, 20:11

Can you make it ?
    If yes, it'd be cool Wink Thanks for your effort Wink

EDIT: I know that Sbai's car is WIP, but as I saw on photos it had strange letters on the yellow part next to the back door, near the spoiler, don't know what is written there, indeed Razz and a OMP logo on the end of the bumper, in the yellow part Razz
    mardionu

Post by mardionu on Mon May 03 2010, 21:07

TiagoF wrote:I saw on photos it had strange letters on the yellow part next to the back door, near the spoiler, don't know what is written there
    but I cant find right font

TiagoF wrote:and a OMP logo on the end of the bumper, in the yellow part Razz
    that's not on the bumper but on the transparent part of splitter :biggrin: (Yes, I forgot it)
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Tue May 04 2010, 13:37

Looks like it's a amusement park in Austria and Germany Razz
    We need a help of a Austian our a German Razz
    mardionu

Post by mardionu on Tue May 04 2010, 15:24

Pierre-Yves Corthals returns to WTCC at Zolder.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    O-ZERO_Racing

Post by O-ZERO_Racing on Tue May 04 2010, 16:10

mardionu

Post by mardionu on Tue May 04 2010, 16:56

Thanks!
    mardionu

Post by mardionu on Tue May 04 2010, 19:53

TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Tue May 04 2010, 20:25

Mardionu, big thanks Very Happy

All hails Corthals, he was one of my favourite independent drivers Very Happy
    Jon

Number of posts : 528
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Jon on Wed May 05 2010, 07:09

Looking good Mardionu Wink
    Eurostc

Number of posts : 1449
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post by Eurostc on Fri May 07 2010, 04:47

Alfa, Ford, Honda and Toyota interested in WTCC
    FIA World Touring Car Championship boss Marcello Lotti has told renowned racing magazine Autosport that Alfa Romeo, Ford, Honda and Toyota are evaluating to enter the series within the next two years.
    "There are five members of the Toyota board coming to Monza to llok at WTCC - the result of a meeting with them we had in December," said Lotti to Autosport.
    As things look currently, WTCC could stand with Chevrolet as their sole manufacturer entry next year. SEAT and Lada withdrew last year and BMW have announced their intentions to enter DTM in 2012.

To attract new manufacturers to WTCC, Lotti says that introducing bio gas is going to be a key element.

"I will ask FIA for permission to introduce bio gas because the VW/SEAT group is keen on this technology, and also there is some interest from FIAT through Alfa Romeo, but only if it is to build a bio gas engine," said Lotti.

Honda could be on the way in via their Argentinean importer. The WTCC organisation state that they are negotiating with both Honda and about having the season opener in Argentina next year.

Post by TiagoF on Fri May 07 2010, 22:23

Hey Mardionu, in base of your work, can you do the José Monroy ETCC 2009 livery ? It's very similar to Sbai's livery Razz

Thanks for all, Mardionu Smile
    mardionu

Post by mardionu on Fri May 07 2010, 23:33

I started last year, making this skin, but was never finished it. Instead, I finished this year Sbai Skin Smile ETCC 2009 Skin Pack has been in my plans, but so many other skins also need's to do. Can’t promise anything.
    TiagoF

Post by TiagoF on Sat May 08 2010, 08:42

Ok, thanks Mardionu Smile

And we're waiting for Sbai and Marnissi Very Happy
    Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Tue May 11 2010, 23:20

Poulsen and Fabiani joins WTCC at Monza
    The FIA World Touring Car Championship gets the addition of two independent drivers for the race at Monza. Kristian Poulsen, who drives for Poulsen Motorsport, and Fabio Fabiani, Proteam Motorsport.
    Danish driver Poulsen is going to drive the rest of the season from Monza for his team Poulsen Motorsport.

Italian driver Fabiani is going to drive the third car for Proteam Motorsport alongside Sergio Hernández and Stefano D'Aste.

Both drivers will be driving BMW 320si's.

Post by TiagoF on Wed May 12 2010, 20:40

Leonel Pernía from Honda Petrobras -> TC 2000, will join WTCC in Monza as 4th Chevrolet Cruze entry Smile He'll drive Viktor Hallrup's Chevrolet, so he won't race in Karlskoga in STCC Razz
    Alex Koda
    Admin

Number of posts : 2503

Post by Alex Koda on Mon May 17 2010, 23:57

If you guys need a wtcc 2010 forum section just drop me a message with all the details (don't know if there is a team leader Razz )

:wave2:

Eurostc

Post by Eurostc on Tue May 18 2010, 00:56

sounds like a good idea as the skins and race info seem to be cross wired..... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17 2017, 00:36