Motorsport passion

DTM: Ralf Schumacher rejected F1 offer

Eurostc

Number of posts : 1449
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post by Eurostc on Tue Jan 05 2010, 00:13

Ralf Schumacher was offered a Formula One seat for 2010, an offer that he rejected.
    "Ralf had a concrete offer (to return to F1) but it wasn't the challenge he wanted," a friend to Schumacher said to the German newspaper Bild.
    By Johan Meissner Monday, 04 January 2010 10:02 CET
    The German was, according to Bild, in talks with Renault and Toro Rosso for a F1-drive in 2010.

Schumacher switched to DTM in 2007, after not getting his contract in F1 with Toyota renewed.

While he has no doubt that he would be up for the challenge in F1 again, he states that he likes it in the DTM.

"I feel very good with Mercedes in the DTM, but I am sure I would get right back up to speed in a Formula One car," said Schumacher.

Number of posts : 1052
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Re: DTM: Ralf Schumacher rejected F1 offer

Post by snowy on Tue Jan 05 2010, 12:02

He'd get right back up to speed alright. However it would be his old speed, which wasn't all that great. The other problem he'd have been facing this season is having to pay who ever it was that offered him a drive a hell of a lot of money.

Just some thoughts...

"After three days without racing, life becomes meaningless."

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18 2017, 16:22