Motorsport passion

STCC 2011

Jon

Number of posts : 528
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Re: STCC 2011

Post by Jon on Thu Jun 02 2011, 17:22

Flash is all hot air, he's a bit like Steve and Matt Neal rolled into one person.

It would be suicidal for the 4 teams to actually carry this out, and as someone has said elsewhere, the other 3 are using Brovallen as a pawn in their game, you still have CMS, KMS, Engstrom Motorsport and the rest who have not backed this breakaway series, and the STCC have the tv deal which is probably a big piece of the puzzle with sponsors etc
    Eurostc

Number of posts : 1449
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post by Eurostc on Fri Jun 17 2011, 12:27

Swedish teams reveals hybrid car concept for 2012
    Four of the biggest racing teams in Sweden has created a team organization called TTA - Touring Car Team Association.
    "We are united and we have started an organisation for teams racing at top level. This is an important step forward for the racing in Sweden," said Jan "Flash" Nilsson, TTA representative and Flash Engineering MD.
    The teams revealed specifications for a new car for 2012 at a press conference in Gothenburg today. The car has been produced in co-operation with French motorsport company Solution-F, the company responsible for the Race of Champions cars.

"Solution-F has got a vast experience of producing tailor made solutions for motorsport. They are working closely with a number of car manufacturers and Formula One teams with everything from producing engines and dampers to electronics and chassis. Our co-operation with them is extremely rewarding and we have developed a new type of racing car that meets the demands of the spectators of today, an audience that is more and more aware of the environmental and sporting values. We are also working actively with SBF [Swedish Motorsport Federation] to adjust the car to nordic regulations," said Tobias Johansson, TTA representative and Brovallen Design MD.

The car, which is of silhouette specification, features a 3.5 litre V6 engine that combined with a KERS hybrid system, similar to the system currently used in Formula One, that produces approximately 400 BHP.

Post by Eurostc on Tue Jun 28 2011, 22:07

Jens Hellström returns to STCC with DMS
    Jens Hellström returns to the STCC with Danielsson Motorsport after being away from the championship since 2005.
    "It is going to be great fun getting back in to the action again. It is going to be challenging racing against the best and DMS are one of the few teams that I trust," said Hellström.
    The Swede is going to drive a second SEAT León for DMS at Falkenberg this weekend alongside regular driver and team owner Alx Danielsson.

"Jens and I have been good friends since 1999 when I was driving Formula Ford and he was driving JTCC. We are well prepared ahead of this weekend and as I have understood, Falkenberg should suit our cars well with a lot of fast corners and only shorter straights," said Danielsson.

Hellström raced for Honda in STCC between 2004 and 2005, with fifth as his best result.

Post by Eurostc on Tue Jun 28 2011, 22:08

Kristoffersson back in third Volkswagen
    Johan Kristoffersson is going to be back for the STCC race at Falkenberg this weekend in a third Volkswagen Scirocco.
    "Three cars are in for a bigger shot at important points than two, it is as simple as that. It is all about winning," said team manager Tommy Kristoffersson.
    Team Biogas.se ran three cars in the previous race at Gothenburg, with the third Scirocco being driven by Alexander Graff. Johan Kristoffersson raced a couple of races for Team Biogas.se last year before moving over to Porsche Carrera Cup Scandinavia for this season where he currently heads the championship.

"I am pleased with my progress in Carrera Cup and it is going to be a lot of fun to join Team Biogas.se in STCC, especially as things are going well now. My goal is to fight for points and to help Fredrik and Patrik and the team as much as I can," said Kristoffersson.

Kristoffersson is going to drive the older homologation of the Volkswagen Scirocco, just as Graff in Gothenburg, meaning that he gets -20 kilos on the minimum weight of 1170 kilos in Falkenberg. This is as Graff was far off pace in Gothenburg

Post by Eurostc on Wed Aug 03 2011, 13:04

Fabrizio Giovanardi joins STCC at Jyllandsringen
    Team Hartmann Racing has confirmed that Fabrizio Giovanardi is going to take part in the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship races at Jyllandsringen on the 27-28th of August.
    "We are aiming to be in the very top, that is why we are going to take part in the race," said Hans Hartmann to TouringCarTimes.
    Giovanardi joined the Honda team ahead of the FIA European Touring Car Cup 2011 weekend at Salzburgring, securing the third straight title for Hartmann Racing.

The Italian has never before taken part in the STCC, nor has he driven at the Danish track Jyllandsringen and is going to face stiff opposition from the Scandinavian drivers.

"Giovanardi had never seen Salzburgring before, but won the ETC Cup title anyway. So we are confident for the race," said Hartmann.

Speculation has pointed to the now former Volvo driver James Thompson returning to Hartmann Racing for the STCC race in Denmark, but this has been denied by the team.

Post by Eurostc on Thu Aug 18 2011, 13:40

Elgaard teams up with Giovanardi at Jyllandsringen
    Champion of the now defunct Danish Touring Car Championship, Casper Elgaard, returns to racing for the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship event at Jyllandsringen next weekend.
    The Dane is going to drive a Honda Accord for Hartmann Racing alongside multiple touring car champion Fabrizio Giovanardi.
    "Jyllandsringen is like my second home, I grew up here and I am smiling all the way around the lap," said Elgaard after his first test of the Honda Accord to TV2 Denmark.

Elgaard has not raced since the DTC finale last year but is hoping to be back for a full season in 2012.
    "If I can get a full season next year, I can live with that I didn't get to drive much this year," said Elgaard.

Number of posts : 528
    Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Jon on Tue Sep 06 2011, 19:03

Chevrolet to enter third Cruze for Michel Nykjær

Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden is going to enter a third Chevrolet Cruze for Michel Nykjær in the two final rounds of the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship according to information to TouringCarTimes.
    "We can't comment on the subject at this time," said team manager Nicklas Karlsson to TouringCarTimes.
    The main mission for Nykjær would be to support Rickard Rydell in the title battle with Volkswagen's Fredrik Ekblom. Rydell is currently second in the championship, eleven points behind Ekblom with two races and 100 points left to fight for.

Nykjær currently takes part in the FIA World Touring Car Championship for SUNRED but can thanks to no clashing races take part in the STCC races at Knutstorp and Mantorp.

The Dane took part in the FIA European Touring Car Cup for Chevrolet Team Sweden, but failed to finish both races due to technical problems.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22 2017, 08:22